Consultant Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon
London-based Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Miss Natasha Berridge holds qualifications in both Medicine and Dentistry. Her main sub-speciality interests are the management of skin malignancies, facial deformity and reconstructive aesthetic surgery. Ms Berridge is a highly dedicated, highly skilled clinician who is passionate about her profession and is ever conscious of the responsibility and privilege it is to have patients place their faith/trust in her. Listed on the GMC Specialist Register of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, she has published many papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals, enjoys teaching and mentoring, speaks frequently at national/international conferences and is resident medical columnist to online lifestyle magazine, Salon Privé. Dedication, resilience, focus and hard work are the ethos of her professional life.
Miss Berridge initially studied for her Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) before winning a scholarship from the General Dental Council to undertake an intercalated BSc in Pharmacology, both achieved at King’s College London, University of London. She subsequently achieved her Bachelor of Medicine (BM) degree at the University of Southampton, graduating with distinction in 2006. After completion of her foundation medical training, Miss Berridge undertook completed core surgical training at Imperial NHS Healthcare Trust in London and subsequently completed her higher surgical training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Royal London Hospital, University College Hospital, Northwick Park Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children. During her final year of higher surgical training, Miss Berridge successfully completed the highly regarded Training Interface Group (TIG) Fellowship in Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgery, and in 2019, gained her Masters’ Degree (MSc) in Aesthetic Medicine and Skin Ageing with Merit from The University of Manchester where she also received the Outstanding Achievement Award. She is a member of the Royal College of Dental Surgery (MFDS); the Royal College of Surgery (MRCS), and a fellow of the Royal College of Surgery, FRCS (OMFS).
Miss Berridge sub-speciality interests include the management of skin malignancies, facial deformity/jaw surgery including post-traumatic soft tissue injuries, complex dentoalveolar conditions and non-surgical aesthetic treatments. A sought-after speaker and author, Miss Berridge has co-authored the globally acclaimed Primal Head & Neck DVD-Rom for Dentists/Dental Hygienists and is also Specialist Advisor on the Editorial Board for the PMFA (Plastic Surgery, Maxillofacial Surgery & Facial Aesthetics) Journal. Her key teaching role is as a clinical lecturer on the University of Manchester’s Aesthetic Medicine Masters’ programme in addition to acting as a mentor to the next generation of surgeons, in particular inspiring women from all backgrounds, to excel in what has been traditionally viewed as a male-dominated profession.
She is married with two young boys and enjoys yoga and dance.
Consultant Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Royal College of Surgeons, England
- British Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (BAOMS)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Medical Protection Society (MPS)
- Save Face
- Berridge N, Lloyd T. Fibrous Dysplasia – Peterson’s Principles of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 2015
- Marcil S, Reynolds PA, Berridge N, Rice S. 3D Anatomy for Dental Hygiene. DVD ROM, Primal Pictures Limited, 2011
- Reynolds PA, Berridge N, Rice S, Burke GAE. 3D Head and Neck Anatomy for Dentistry. DVD ROM, Primal Pictures Limited, 2008
- Avoiding Botulinum Toxin Complications.
Stagnell S & Berridge N. Aesthetics 6 (8), 2019
Berridge N & Johnson P. The PMFA Journal, Volume 6 (4), 2019
- Buccal fat pad and subperiosteal midface lifts in conjunction with open reduction and internal fixation to treat fractures of the zygomaticomaxillary complex.
Bottini G, Berridge N & Messiha A. British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 56, 230-231, 2018.
- Facial Hyperhidrosis.
Berridge N & Kumar M. Aesthetics 5 (4), 2018
- An interesting, rare case of inverted oral ductal papilloma.
Berridge N & Kumar M. Dental Update, Volume 3 (10), 2016
- New Technique to improve lower facial contour using a 3-D, custom-made, positional splint
Berridge N & Heliotis M. British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 54 (9), 2016
- A rare case of aberrant quadriceps muscle anatomy preventing anterolateral thigh flap harvest.
Omakobia E, Liew C, Berridge N & Cotrufo S. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery, Open 7, 19-22, 2016
- Sclerosing Rhabdomyosarcoma of the buccal mucosa; A Cautionary Tale.
Omakobia E, Berridge N, Liew C & Morley S. J Stoma; 68, 5, 2015
- First recorded case of transformation of parosteal osteochondromatous proliferation (BPOP) to sarcoma; Case Report & Literature Review.
Vig N, Tiong E, Berridge N & Kumar M. British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 52 (8), 2014